Attended WAC in 2009-2010..."WAC helped to develop my guiding skills, gave me valuable certifications, and opened the door to endless opportunities in adventure tourism.Since…
Attended WAC in 2010-2011…
1. Where are you currently employed, and how long have you been there?
I’m currently employed by The Adventure Group in Whistler, B C. Going into my 3rd winter season as a snowmobile guide/zipline guide/ bus driver.
2. How did WAC help you get to where you are today?
The first aid program is huge as it is almost impossible to get into tourism without at least basic first aid. Leadership and communication is also very important in guiding. The skills I learned at WAC help me stay in control During complicated situations.
3. How did WAC change your outlook on the adventure tourism industry?
It showed me all the different sides and areas of the industry from guiding to prep to training and management.
4. What was the most valuable lesson you took from WAC?
6. What would your advice be for others who are interested in joining the college?
Its a great program that has got me some great jobs in the industry. The name and reputation the collage is know for is growing and looks great on your resume.