WALE Policies and Agreement
The responsibility for managing the spread of COVID19 will be shared with all program participants and WAC staff. The delivery of programming is dependent on everyone following all protocols and those that are unable to follow protocols will be excluded from activities.● All participants are required to sign a declaration of health and exposure and complete an online Covid-19 screening questionnaire prior to commencement of their program● Westcoast Adventure College’s precautions and policies may change to reflect the state of the pandemic, risk of exposure or spread of the virus, and advice of public health andindustry authorities● Participants will be limited to those who can attest to not showing symptoms of the virus, to not having been exposed to anyone who is sick, and to those who have not traveledoutside of Canada in the 10 days prior to the start of the program● If Westcoast Adventure College is forced to reschedule programs because of restrictive measures coming back into place due to a resurgence in the virus, everyone booked willbe given the choice of rescheduling or receiving a refund● If booked participants are not feeling well in the lead up to a course or develop symptoms during the course of the program, Westcoast Adventure College will insist thatthey do not participate until a negative Covid 19 test is achieved.
● Whenever possible everyone must stay 2 meters apart● Masks will be worn at any time that social distancing is not possible● Participants will supply their own masks and personal supply of alcohol-based hand sanitizer● Participants are advised not to share food, beverages or transportation unless they are members of a cohabitating group First Aid/Emergency Response and Evacuation Protocol
● Where possible evacuation of a person suspected of being infected with COVID 19 should be done using internal resources to avoid unnecessary exposure to first responders● The suspected infected person should be placed in quarantine until evacuation is possible● A deep clean of all common areas, transportation and equipment should happen immediately post evacuation● Increased vigilance with personal hygiene and deep cleaning of all points of contact is essential during and after an evacuation● The subject should be managed and transported as directed in communications with health authorities● If unable to reach health authorities for direction from a remote location, transportation, where possible, should be to medical facilities closest to the home community of thesubject if possible● The subject must confirm with WAC if they tested positive for Covid-19 and carry the virus so an appropriate response can be initiated to other participants. Other participantsshould meanwhile immediately follow protocols for self-isolation until this information is known
● In overnight programs, all participants and guides/instructors must stay alone in a tent or with a person(s) with whom they have been cohabiting● All participants and guides/instructors must supply and cook their own meals or share meals and cooking only with a person(s) with whom they have been cohabiting● Before each trip WAC will ensure all company/guide/instructor owned soft goods (ropes and tarps etc.) have either been isolated for a minimum of three days or have beenwashed in warm, soapy water
Please visit the following for close contact or symptom advice from the BC Centre for Disease Control:
● BC Self Assessment Tool● Covid 19 Symptoms● When to Get a Covid Test● Isolation and Monitoring Recommendations
● I have read and understood the document WALE Covid 19 Policies and Agreement and agree to abide by all directives stated therein. I further understand that my participation in the course or trip is contingent on my agreeing to all of the directives in that document and that my participation could be terminated if I am found not to be following these.● I am feeling well and have no signs or symptoms of Covid 19● I will cancel my participation in the course if I show any signs or symptoms of Covid 19 at any time during the course● I will cancel my participation in the course if I have been exposed to anyone with signs or symptoms of illness or tested positive with Covid 19 within 10 days prior to the start of the program● I have not traveled outside of Canada within 10 days of the commencement of the course● I will contact Westcoast Adventure College immediately to inform them if I show any signs or symptoms of Covid 19 within 10 days of the end of the course
Waiver and Release of Liability of Claims, Assumption of Risksand Indemnity Agreement
I recognize that the activities, as detailed in the College program I received, that I will be participating in take place in an environment which may have hazards and dangers, and that there are inherent dangers and risks involved in changing weather conditions, travel on land and on the ocean, negligence on the part of other participants, users and their equipment and vessels, or representatives or guides associated with these activities. I willingly accept and fully assume all such risks, dangers and hazards and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss, resulting therefrom, as my own risk.
As a participant in this program, I hereby agree as follows:1. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I might have against the directors, staff, instructors or guest speakers of Westcoast Adventure College, the College and any other company or organization and their owners and directors, employees, agents, representatives, and contractors that may enter into a contract with or choose to work jointly with, against any area in which adventure programs may be conducted, and the directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives of these areas, (all of whom hereinafter referred to as 'Releasees').
2. TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, injury, death, or expense due to any cause whatsoever that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer as a result of my participation in the adventure activity, notwithstanding that the same may have been contributed to or occasioned by the negligence of the Releasees.
3. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES from and against all claims, actions, costs or expenses in respect to death, injury, loss or damage to person or property however caused arising out of or in connection with my participation in the program, whether the same may have been contributed to or occasioned by the negligence of the Releasees.
4. Should Westcoast Adventure College or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur lawyers' fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of any such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with my safety in these activities, or else I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risks that may be created directly or indirectly by any such condition.
6. In the event I file a lawsuit against Westcoast Adventure College, I agree to do so solely in the province of British Columbia, and I further agree that the substantive law of that province shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that province. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
7. That this release of liability shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, and assigns, in the event of my death. I confirm that I am nineteen years of age or over.
Waiver and Release of Liability of Claims, Assumption of Risks, and Indemnity Agreement
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY PRIOR TO SIGNING IT, AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I, OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
In consideration of (minor’s name) (“Minor”) being permitted by Westcoast Adventure College to participate in its activities and to use its equipment and facilities, I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Westcoast Adventure College from any and all claims which are brought by, or on behalf of Minor, and which are in any way connected with such use of participation by Minor.
Name and Signature of Participant / Parent or Guardian (If under 19) Below:
Leave this empty:
Your legal name
Your email address
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: WALE Policies and Agreement
Agree & Sign