WS - Wilderness Survival
A 40 Hour Course, within our 1005 Hour Program!
The focus of this course is on survival skills for the individual and for small and large groups. Students will learn a variety of skills in an outdoor setting or a semi-wilderness environment having access to few external resources. The purpose of the course is to help students realize that events may occur that require a survival plan which focuses on the maintenance of basic needs such as food, warmth and shelter. Achieving these basic needs can be learned using creative and thoughtful concepts from the available human resources, the environment and the limited tools and supplies available.
- Individual and group values and behaviour
- Signal fires
- Emergency transport and evacuation
- Fire kits
- Fire lighting
- Lashing techniques
- Emergency food sources and preparation skills
- Natural navigation
- Edible and medicinal plants (seasonal)
- The seven enemies of survival
Intended Learning Outcomes:
The students will…
- Learn a variety of skills in an outdoor wilderness environment
- Learn to how to improvise
- Develop and implement a survival plan for self and others
- Learn to utilize the available resources
- Increase awareness of environmental stressors
Start YOUR adventure! - Apply Online!
The quickest and easiest way to apply for enrollment with Westcoast Adventure College is on-line. In as few as 10 minutes you can be on your way to starting an exciting and meaningful career!